Live at St Pancras is the new live album from Jamie Lenman taken from the super intimate, invite-only show he did around the launch of Devolver last year.
For collectors and super fans alike, the physical release comes on a limited double white LP (or CD) along with a DVD featuring the live show and a whole lot of other exciting things including a new bonus track, 'Two Thousand Trees'.
As Jamie explains:
"On my favourite live albums, like the ones Johnny Cash did at Folsom and St Quentin for instance, my favourite bits are always the in between chats where the artists communicates directly with the audience, and I think that's one of the main benefits of a live album over a studio album, you get that connection. I also love Steve Martin's comedy albums and Rollins' Think Tank, so even though the Q&A wasn't structured or scripted it's still reminiscent of these, almost like spoken word or standup in places"
That's not all though.
"The DVD is a whole other beast - we knew we wanted to put the film of the concert onto it so you could watch it if you want but we had all this extra space so straight away we started looking at other things that could go on there. I asked my friend, journalist James Hickie, if he would do a short interview with me at the church on the night in case we could use it for anything and he really came up trumps so that's on there, but then there's all the music videos we did for the entire campaign, all with audio commentaries on how they were made, extra footage of rehearsals, tonnes of stuff. We put together lots of bits especially for this set, including a whole new music video for 'All Of England Is A City' and some other exciting things, so it's a lot of bang for your buck.
We also worked very hard on the packaging for the set, including over one hundred photos of the evening as well as original hand written lyrics for some of the tracks, and as a whole the package serves as a sort of celebration and summary for the whole two years we spent working on Devolver, from recording to release to touring, and it's a great way to round everything off before moving on to new ideas. It's absolutely huge!!! "
1. “Thanks for Coming…”
2. All of England is a City (Live at St Pancras)
3. Body Popping (Live at St Pancras)
4. Waterloo Teeth (Live at St Pancras)
5. “What's Your Favourite Song on the New Album and Why…?” (Q&A)
6. “What's the Name of the Rap Album Gonna Be…?” (Q&A)
7. “How Easy Was This Album to Make…?” (Q&A)
8. “How Do You Maintain Your Visceral Anger and Honesty…?” (Q&A)
9. “Couldn't You Find a Bassist…?” (Q&A)
10. “How Hard is It to Keep Your Old Yamaha Together…?” (Q&A)
11. “Any Artists You'd Like to Feature with…?” (Q&A)
12. “Any Future Collaborations…?” (Q&A)
13. Devolver (Live at St Pancras)
14. Bones (Live at St Pancras)
15. Mississippi (Live at St Pancras)
16. “Today is a Big Day…”
17. I Ain't Your Boy (Live at St Pancras)
19. Tonight My Wife is Your Wife (Live at St Pancras)
20. “St Pancras…”
21. Memory (Live at St Pancras)
22. “A Real Bummer…”
23. Money Changes Everything (Live at St Pancras)
24. “Solo Career…”
25. The Last Time (Live at St Pancras)
26. “You Will Go to Hell…”
27. Little Lives (Live at St Pancras)
28. “Thanks to Everyone…”
29. Nobody Loves You (Live at St Pancras)
30. “Never Coming Here Again…”
31. Friends in Low Places (Live at St Pancras)
32. Two Thousand Trees (Bonus track)
Read more »
500 / White
5 / test pressings